Freight & Logistics industry specialists
We are looking for an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee all business operations, people, and ventures. You will be the highest-ranking manager in the organisation and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader, able to steer the company to the most profitable direction whilst implementing its vision, mission, and long-term goals.
Roles & responsibilities
Your responsibilities will be but are not limited to
- Overseeing the company’s business operations, financial performance, investments, and ventures.
- Developing and executing business strategies to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Create initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, prepare and implement comprehensive business plans, reduce operational threats, and forecast business risks.
- Maintaining and monitoring budgets to ensure that the business operates efficiently from a financial perspective.
- Strong crisis and management skills.
- Establish and ensure company policies, procedures and legal protocols are followed.
- Representing the company at public events and attending conferences.
- Hold monthly staff meetings to deliver corporate objectives, address any concerns and introduce new policies.
- Report to the board, providing market insights and strategic advice.
- Establish long-lasting relationships with shareholders and business partners.
- Overseeing employment, professional development, and employee performance activities.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of managers; provide guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Resolve any employee conflicts and policy violations to maintain a fair and professional work environment.
Desired experience & skills
- Proven experience as Managing Director or as a Regional/Divisional Director.
- Extensive experience in successfully managing a profit and loss organisation.
- Demonstratable experience in developing strategic and business plans.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and the ability to delegate effectively.
- Trustworthy and ethical approach exercising discretion where required.
- Thorough knowledge of the industry and ability to identify and attract talented employees.
Qualifications & education requirements
- Degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A contributory private pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday
- Competitive salary
- Free on-site parking