Freight & Logistics Industry Specialists
The National Account Executive (NAE) is responsible for achieving the assigned sales plan by generating profitable Freight Forwarding revenue growth through the development of new business and the retention of existing business with strategic & enterprise account customers, and identifying new volume opportunities within those companies. He/She analyses customers’ current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions.
This involves strategy sessions with your Area Sales Manager (ASM) and International Account Managers (IAMs) and networking with decision makers to reveal additional sources of revenue utilizing UPS’s Freight Forwarding portfolio (e.g., Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Brokerage) of products and services.
What do you do on an average day?
- Builds successful partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels of customers’ organizations to cultivate
relationships and generate revenue opportunities across all FF product and service lines.
- Presents solutions to customers to gain approval of proposals and move forward with the sales process.
- Sells technology solutions (Flex Global View) to customers to secure their business, provide added
value to proposals and satisfy business needs.
- Maintains book of business (e.g., air, ocean, brokerage, ground, etc.) to grow and execute against the
- Utilizes customer relationship management tools (Salesforce) to document customer information and
provide account status to the sales team.
- Builds roadmaps that support sales execution (e.g., product mix, etc.) across UPS business units to
develop timetables for delivery and achieve the business plan.
- Manages multiple customer decision-maker relationships, including C-level, to ensure business continuity
- Reviews various Business Information and Analysis reporting tools to assess account performance and
generate reports for Sales Management.
- Researches industry specific data (e.g., industry publications, UPS products and services, etc.) to effectively recommend and position solutions.
- Networks with industry colleagues to uncover sales opportunities.
What do we expect of you?
- Strong Hunter Mentality
- Good local knowledge of customer Base in the South of Germany (MUC,STR,NUE)
- Education: Bachelor Degree – Preferred
- Pro-active, sales driven, positive mindset
- Sales experience in Freight Forwarding
- German and English verbal and in writing is a must
We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active, punctual professional with Supply Chain Management knowledge. Someone who understands the bigger picture, and is able to build bridges to all departments in order to strengthen the cooperation.